Suing Your Noisy Neighbors


You love your home or your apartment and do not want to leave, but then the noisy neighbors move in. They may have a garage band or simply keep the television blaring at all hours. Your sleep and your peace have been totally disrupted. Although you may feel powerless to make it stop, you do have several options that can restore quiet to your neighborhood.


This step is obvious, but many people do not attempt to have a quiet, reasonable conversation with their neighbors about the noise. It's very easy to become angry and begin a war of attrition. You may stomp around above your noisy downstairs neighbors to "show" them what being disturbed is like. If you live in a house next to the culprits, you may be tempted to blast them with your outdoor music as payback. Of course, these steps just make everyone angrier. Instead, approach your neighbors when you are calm and politely ask for them to quiet things down. If you live in an apartment building, you can approach the landlord and report the problem. The first step should always be to politely ask for quiet.

Legal Action

If playing nice does no good or your landlord cannot produce results, you should consult a lawyer or attempt to sue in small claims court. To be successful, you will have to prove that the disturbance is harming your quality of life. You'll need proof that the noise is excessive and that the person you are suing is the neighbor or the landlord. Bring along proof that you asked for the noise to stop and also a recording of the noise, if possible. You can also bring along witnesses. You will not have to hire an attorney if you take it to small claims, but the damage amount will be limited to approximately $2500--$7500.

If you feel that you need help pursuing legal action or that you've suffered more than small claims court can handle, you should consider hiring a lawyer. You will need the same sort of evidence necessary for small claims court. An experienced lawyer, like one at the Law Office of Daniel E Goodman, LLC, can recommend the best course of action for you and file a legal action if necessary and prudent.

You do not have to live with loud neighbors. Do try and deal with this issue in a calm and friendly way at first. If that does not work, do not hesitate to take legal action. Your home needs to offer you peace and quiet.


26 May 2016

personal injury due to defective products

Defective products are produced and sold to consumers all of the time. Unfortunately, some of these defective products cause consumers injuries when they malfunction. So, what can you do if a defective product causes you or someone that you love some kind of injury? This blog will show you how the legal system works to protect consumers from instances such as this. You will find out about personal injury lawsuits and what it takes to file and proceed with a lawsuit to hold the company that manufactured that defective product responsible for the role that they played in the pain that has been experienced.